This documentation is a work in process, and is far from complete.
Formulaic is a high-performance implementation of Wilkinson formulas for Python, which are very useful for transforming dataframes into a form suitable for ingestion into various modelling frameworks (especially linear regression).
- Source Code: https://github.com/matthewwardrop/formulaic
- Issue tracker: https://github.com/matthewwardrop/formulaic/issues
While this project is now fully functional, the API is still subject to
change between major versions (
0.<major>.<minor>) as we continue to
improve things. If you are going to depend on it in another project, it is
advisable to pin formulaic to within a major version, for example:
- high-performance dataframe to model-matrix conversions.
- support for reusing the encoding choices made during conversion of one data-set on other datasets.
- extensible formula parsing.
- extensible data input/output plugins, with implementations for:
- support for symbolic differentiation of formulas (and hence model matrices).
with more to come!